Announcement and Circular
“You, the parents are the real educators of your children”
The school is just a helper playing a secondary role in the matter. Parents are expected to co-operate
with the school authorities and teachers by enforcing regularity and discipline, by seeing that their children prepare their lessons and by taking an active and helpful interest in the activities of the school.
- It is understood that you entrust the Principal with authority to correct your ward at her discretion.
- Parents or guardians are informed that occasional reports from the teachers are conveniently sent through the school calendar. They are requested to sign them by the next day as a proof that they have read them. Failure to do this may put their children to great inconvenience.
- Parents and guardians are particularly expected to sign messages, the progress report or any similar document when so required.
- Please check regularly, the homework of your child and the remarks of the teachers written in the calendar.
If a pupil is likely to be absent through illness for more than a week, the Principal must be informed within the week.
- All leave notes should be entered in the diary. When a child is absent for more than 5 days a doctor’s certificate should be sent.
- A duplicate school diary can be purchased by the students only on request from the parents and with the permission of the Principal.
- Criticism of a teacher or the school in the presence of the student should be scrupulously avoided, because it causes the student to lose his/her respect for his/her teacher, with the consequent failure to learn from him/her. Should you have legitimate reasons, see the Principal, without fear of reprisal.
As your child advances in age, guide him/her to become a resourceful and useful member of home and country. Encourage self-help for work and study.
- He/She should be taught to keep the room tidy, make her/his own bed, polish her/his shoes, carry her/his own bag etc. The formation of such habits early in life, inculcate in the student the idea of dignity of work which is a fundamental personal virtue necessary for a successful career in life.
- Withdrawal of your child from classes for mere social functions is not recommended because it retards the child’s progress in school and minimizes his/her respect for regular hard work with consequent failure to progress in his/her studies.
- Any complaints should be made directly to the school authorities and not to the class teacher.
Parents, guardians or other persons are not allowed to see the students or interview their teachers during school hours without the sanction of the Principal.
- The members of the staff should be seen in their off periods by previous appointment and permission of the Principal only.